Monday 5 September 2011

Another busy weekend


The weekend that marked the point of exactly one month left before I leave was busy busy once again and I was in a good mood throughout it because I received my first (and probably only) letter of the three month stay, that took two whole months to arrive!

Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening there was a “Christian Crusade” in Mabelreign that we went to. It was a church service in the form of a concert, so: many people, music, singing and dancing and preaching. It was very interesting, I really enjoyed it! And everyone always joined in with the singing, some slightly louder than others;)

Saturday I made pancakes for everyone - way too many as usual, but they were definitely a success! Just took slightly too long to get ready, as opposed to the usual fear of getting them burnt. But they were very nice!
Over the afternoon I saw Francy and Phillip, who I hadn’t seen since he was a Grade 4 - currently Form 3, all grown up! It was a nice afternoon, just chilling around. On my way home I passed by Juliet for a little chat and with that the day passed by successfully :)

 Sunday morning I had a little picnic with Tanya, she desperately wanted to have a picnic and I was always away at lunch time, so we had a breakfast picnic, with fruit, eggs and sausages, and a meli honey waffle (thanks to Frank :) ). She loved it!! It was great! So at least I made a little girl happy:)
Over the afternoon I moved to Hanne’s place, it was great how the boys loved to see me and when we went for a walk with the dogs at a farm, they both wanted to hold my hand, one on each side:) and I was also allowed to read the bedtime stories! I enjoyed that.. And like practice has taught, we had a BBQ with butternut and steak, never goes wrong!

Monday morning back at work marked the “one month left”, so a wakeup call to make the most of the time remaining! Not that that’s not happening yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment