Wednesday 5 October 2011

Goodbyes

The goodbye's on the last day became an emotional celebration, starting with, like VVOB tradition, meetings meetings meetings, among which my last meeting that I'd be chairing, and hopefully the conclusions we made from it will be transported into the future.
Then, the team had made a compilation video of pictures, music and goodbye speeches which nearly brought me to tears, but luckily I managed to keep my cool! But it was really good, kept me smiling the whole way through:). For lunch we had some good Pizza Inn, I got some nice presents (though the weather is too cold in Belgium at the moment to be wearing slippers, the earrings and bag have already been put to good use) and then the final hugs and kisses before the car left to drop me off at Harare International Airport. It seemed like yesterday I took the same route in the opposite direction, arriving in Harare.
I tried my last sneaky attempt to not leave (asking passport control if he wants to take my spot, since his suggestion to accompany me didn't seem too appealing) and then through the gates I went.
After a good 17 hour trip, I arrived in the company of Belgium once again, where everything seemed familiar like the three months never happened, except that everyone is happy to see me:). As I get busy on pending uni business, I smile back at my three months, knowing they have been a great experience I will never forget! All thanks to the wonderful people I met.

No comments:

Post a Comment