Thursday 18 August 2011

Back to work

The working week has started again and in the meantime I have passed the halfway mark through my internship, just over 6 weeks left! Time always seems to fly faster. This week’s agenda was (besides many team meetings) some communications tasks that are smoothly moving forward and going well and finalizing of the report from last week’s workshop. The report only needs some finishing touches, proofreading and then it’ll be ready to post on the website!
Tomorrow I have a functional interview, since I have reached the mid of my internship it is time for a short evaluation on the work done, the expectations fulfilled, the work still to be done and the expectations for the last half. Since everything has been going well it shouldn’t be too much to do and can only improve the second half of the time!
In three weeks I will be receiving my results and then I’ll be starting to think about the master and the internship involved with that! Busy busy times!

On other big news of the world: Solomon Mujuru passed away. He was a well-respected man in the Zimbabwean army throughout the past years, standing by Mugabe's side during liberation struggle, and for those with a basic knowledge of Zimbabwe’s current political heads the name will be familiar for another reason. He was also the husband of the current Vice Principal of Zimbabwe (Joyce Mujuru). His farm house burnt down during the night of 15-16 August and he had the unfortunate bad luck of sleeping in the house at that specific time. In other words, the country is currently in shock and mourning over a great man who had a big influence on the country’s history.
All the while Belgium remains without government.

While I’m on the topic of news, I heard something vague about the SADC (Southern African countries) discussing about possibly starting up a union. How I understood it, it seems they will be heading in the direction of Europe: opening up its borders. Whether there were further plans, and when this union would be intended are still unknown to me, though it would be interesting for future travel plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment