Monday 1 August 2011

End of July...

Supporting our country

The last weekend of July was planned to be a calm one, I tried scouting around for things to do, but apparently it’s a busy one for other people.

Eventually, I went to Prince Edward’s to watch the rugby under 20’s: Zimbabwe vs. Namibia, qualification rounds, the winner would represent Africa in the Junior World Cup in South Africa. (South Africa being counted as immediate qualifiers). I went there not knowing it was so important, so ended up quite happy I attended! While eating some biltong we watched Zimbabwe beat Namibia quite easily with 29-17, and the Zim flag held high in support!

After a short phone call, apparently my accent has already made some changes into a more Zimbabwean accent, damn, losing the Aussie accent again!

Sunday I met up with Jan and Julliet, family friends from back in the day. Apparently I haven’t changed much, and imagining me as 23 years old is unimaginable! It was great seeing them after almost ten years, and meeting their lovely young kids! We had a nice braai, with Hanne and family too, unfortunately without much sun, but that doesn’t make it any less worthwhile.

Great and busy weekend after all, ready for what promises to be a busy week - with a workshop for the whole team, and another busy week that will follow afterwards - Hwange and Vic Falls!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment