Thursday 21 July 2011

Communication workshop


Wednesday morning the communication task team organised a workshop for the VVOB team. The aim (or objectives if you want me to be more professional) was to get input from the whole team concerning what communication methods are being used, and as an additional motive, getting them involved and motivated about the analysis we will be putting together.
So we were “facilitating” this workshop, leading them into activities that would give us our desired information. We got positive feedback afterwards: it was creative and participative, and since three out of the four of us had never before facilitated they thought we’d done a good job. To me the whole thing seemed quite chaotic, change in plans, change in time schemes, a lot more information gathered than expected, and a feeling of confusion as to how we will continue from here. BUT apparently chaos and change in scenario is more than normal, and at least, despite slight feelings of horror as to what now, the information is there and the work will definitely keep me busy for a while!
I think my first workshop can be called a success, but the rest of the team definitely was also a great contribution to that achievement. And it was fantastic sitting outside with a very hot sun as opposed to always inside with 3 jumpers!

Tomorrow is national holiday in Belgium, unfortunately this does not mean VVOB offices close their doors, however, it does mean there’s a reception at the consulate for all Belgians! I’ll be doing my best to go there with not too many chocolate-based expectations! I wonder if there’ll be any familiar faces (probably IF there is it’d be more them recognizing me and me taking ten minutes to figure out who it is). Usually I’m not for these events, but for the one time (it’s a short one and it involves some kind of food) I can make an exception.

Over the weekend I’m probably going to a workshop - after the cancellation last weekend I have been actively scouting around! I will probably be going to the same college as was planned last weekend, maybe even the same workshop, in Seke College, Chitungwiza. (45 minute drive out of Harare, so day trips up and down).Or it will be another that is even closer to home, decision still to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment