Monday 11 July 2011

First downtown experience, First combi trip

Gogo on her birthday, me and Juliet

Little smiley Vheneka

Gogo and Aunty Mary-Anne happily cooking sadza on the BBQ

MaiVee and BaVee

good friends

Uncle Zanda and I

Gogo happily celebrating her bday!

This weekend was once again a busy one. After a week at work, the one day busier than the next, lunch meetings with Juliet, Vheneka and her old and much-loved hand-me-down doll Pippo and receiving results which showed me I successfully finished my bachelor (with only an outstanding internship to complete) it was time for some none-work-related free/celebration time.

Friday after work I was picked up by Francy, to then spend the evening with her and the family. We had a pretty relaxed evening and the next day we were going to check out what was happening in town (because of my persistency of definitely wanting to go to town). A lot of Chinese shops, a lot of people and a lot of weave shops. My eagerness to visit town was quickly destroyed after a short encounter with a pickpocketer. Luckily we were aware and had all valuables stacked to the bottom of our bags and someone warned us by shouting at the person in question. No harm done at the end of the day, and I will be careful to always use my pockets and avoid bags of all kind! And avoid town. We did have a fun time after all though, more catching up and shopping around a little.

The evening was spent with Hanne and her kids, playing sword and jumping on the trampoline.

Sunday was an early wake-up, with the combi (commuter omnibus, crowded busses that don’t pay too much attention to the traffic around them) to Juliet’s place. Luckily I got there in one piece, with a little walk since I got off a little too far - these busses don’t follow the same route at all times, they follow the route on which they can pick up the most people - as expected it resulted in mini panic attacks from me! All good at the end. After cooking breakfast at Juliet’s place, feeding the baby and learning her name (Vheneka) means light, we took the car to Ardbennie to celebrate gogo’s (her/my:) grandmum’s) birthday. Because of lack of electricity it became a braai (BBQ) party! With meat and sadza, and a few drinks! Delicious, with great company and many kids running around. Unfortunately there was no music, but then we just made our own music performance, and my phone introduced some Maz-Notic into Ardbennie braai parties! By the time we went home it was only 8 o’clock but I felt almost as if I was coming home after a night out at 4 am! NOT due to alcohol abuse of any kind! That was a very strange feeling, luckily I knew exactly where I was going (from a certain recognition point) so there was no problem getting home.

And then the next week showed up again, and a move to Robert’s place again, back to Mabelreign!

1 comment: